Personal Assistant of The Year Award™- Africa
“To say an Executive Assistant has been redundant because of the availability of Information and Communication Technology is tantamount to saying a computer can now effectively manage the office, articulate on office procedure and carry out administrative work in the office. Can a computer welcome guests and give them the relevant information on behalf of executive offices. Of course, the answer is no. Yes, messages can be left on the voice mail but an Executive Assistant actually goes a step further by giving the caller the exact information that is needed and advise on the course of action that clients should take in order to get the services that they want.” Excerpt The Assistant Newsletter issue no 2.
PAYA is held annually during the Executive/Personal Assistants symposium. This award seeks to recognise Personal Assistants who:
- Provide extraordinary support and continually think of ways to streamline processes and improve performance
- Exhibit exceptional leadership, resourcefulness, innovation, creativity.
- Assume responsibilities far beyond daily work
- Provide quality control for administrative processes and show great diligence.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner all the times.